Part of the problem is web-based applications are more text-based than other app types. And most people don't like text-based apps, find them boring and don't understand their value. So, what do we do? We try and turn the web into a platform for normal apps. Sometimes this makes sense, but I don't think people realize it's often nicer to have a text-based website than some type of app.
People using React for web-based apps reminds me of people using Hadoop for applications that have 100 MB of data.
React Is a Code Smell
by stink + on Jul 13, 2021 11:55am to react programming code-smell comments(6)
Showing all comments. Switch to locked.
- by iloveny123 + on Jul 13, 2021 1:03pmReminds me of Mongodb "web scale" videolink link#
- by stink + on Jul 14, 2021 9:19amlollink link#
- by MadNis + on Aug 2, 2021 10:30amInteresting! As a freshly bootcamp trained developer with no real experience, these are thoughts to chew on...link link#
- by stink + on Aug 2, 2021 11:15amDid the bootcamp use React?link link#
- by MadNis + on Aug 3, 2021 12:06pmYes. We also touched on Vue but didn't build a vue app.link link#
- by eigenschwarz + on Aug 12, 2021 7:13pm link link#